The judging panel consider submitted designs and rate each on the following:
• Innovation: judges will assess if submitted designs bring a new and original concept to finished rugs
• Commercial viability of the rug design
• Demonstrated understanding of the handmade rug construction process
Judging is conducted anonymously, in three phases:
• Shortlist - 150 designs selected from entries received by the closing date
• Judging of top 40 designs, with the eight finalist designs selected for manufacturing
• Private judging on event night to select the overall winner
The People’s Choice Award is decided via online vote in September 2019.
Voters will be able to choose from the top 40 designs.
Managing Director, Designer Rugs
Creative Director, Local Design
Partner, Make Architects
Design Director, Mokum
Director, Bates Smart