ENTRY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Submission and final product information
1. Up to a maximum of three (3) designs per entrant is accepted.
2. Completed rugs will be either 200 x 300 cm, or 250 cm diameter.
3. Maximum of 6 colours per design.
4. Designs must allow for colour changes by Designer Rugs.
5. Entrants must be professionals currently engaged as Architects, Interior Designers or Interior Decorators.
6. Entrants with less than 5 years of professional experience should enter under the category EVOLVE EMERGE, and entrants with 5 or more years of experience should enter under the category EVOLVE.
7. Submissions are only accepted from individuals – collectives or design partnerships are not eligible
8. Composition: hand-tufted rugs will be produced from New Zealand Wool with no more than 20% Bamboo silk detailing.
9. Submitted designs must be scale 1:20 and submitted as a PDF (through the Evolve website) – no larger than 2MB per design.
10. PDF’s to be saved as <Entrants Name><Design Title>.pdf
11. By submitting the design to the competition, and completing the entry form, the designer agrees to these terms and conditions.
12. Only one design per entrant will be eligible to become part of the Evolve Collection 2019/2020 (previously known as ID Collection)
13. Designs submitted that do not meet the above criteria will not be eligible for judging.
14. Incomplete or non-conforming entries will be determined invalid and will not be included in the judging and will be discarded.
15. Entries must be received by 11.59pm AEST 30th April, 2019.
16. The judging panel will consider submitted designs (received by the closing date) and rate each on the overall concept and originality of design, innovation, commercial viability of the rug design and demonstrated understanding of the handmade rug construction process
17. Designer Rugs reserve the right to support the Judges’ decisions as final. No communication will be accepted once the Judge’s decision has been made. Any feedback given in the judging process may be used by Designer Rugs and may be provided to the relevant entrant.
18. Judging is conducted anonymously in three phases –
a. Shortlist - 150 designs selected from entries (received by the closing date).
b. Judging of top 40 designs, with the eight (8) finalist designs selected for manufacturing.
c. Private judging on event night to select the overall winner.
19. The top 40 designs will also be eligible for the People’s Choice Award, decided via online vote in September 2019.
1. All designs must be an original concept and the designer’s own work, not that of a third party. If submitted work is the result of a previous commission, the entry must be accompanied by signed release declaring the design free from any other third party claim.
2. The entrant agrees to indemnify Designer Rugs against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition, and acknowledges their design cannot already be a rug/carpet design with another company in Australia or internationally.
3. Confidentiality clause: entrants agree that submitted designs will not be divulged to any third party (including publications, promotional material, client presentations or similar), and acknowledge that completing the entry form, they agree submitted designs remain confidential until the awards ceremony in October 2019.
4. The outcome as determined by the judging collective is accepted as final.
5. The promotion/award is open to Australian, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Indonesia permanent residents or citizens, and qualifies as per outlined in the “Entry Criteria”. Entrants must be over the age of 18 years old. Entry is not open to employees of Designer Rugs Pty Ltd or Designer Rugs (NZ) Ltd.
Copyright & Promotion
1. All entries become property of Designer Rugs and will not be returned to entrants. The entrant grants Designer Rugs use of submitted entries and images for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
If a design is entered into the competition and does not form part of the final collection Designer Rugs retain the right to purchase the design at $1000 AUD (plus GST).
2. Each selected design, (8) which forms part of the Evolve Collection 2019/2020 (formerly known as the ID Collection) are awarded a cash fee of $2000 AUD (plus GST where applicable). This passes copyright of the design to Designer Rugs.
3. Entrants will be provided with exact details of the awards evening in a form to be determined by Designer Rugs and will provide such details at the relevant time.
4. Entrants must disclose any issues that may generate negative publicity and impact on the success of this promotion. Designer Rugs may disqualify an entrant for not disclosing this information.
5. It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the winners agree to be interviewed and photographed on at least one occasion after the winner is notified by Designer Rugs or their agents for promotional purposes.
1. Designer Rugs has the right to alter the EVOLVE program at any time. This includes alterations to the prize pool, judging criteria and final design selection.
2. The major prize winners (EVOLVE winner and EVOLVE EMERGE winner) are responsible for ensuring that they have valid travel documents and insurance. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners may be requested to present their credit card upon arrival at the hotel to cover all incidentals they may incur during their stay at the hotel. Incidentals are not included in the prize.
3. The travel component of the Designer Rugs Evolve Award 2019 must be taken to coincide with Milan Salone de Mobile 2020. This includes a return economy airfare to Milan, Italy from the winners’ closest capital city. The airline will be determined by Designer Rugs and frequent- flyer points will not form part of the prize. The prize does not include transfers whilst in Milan, meal and beverages, medical expenses, insurance, visas, items of a personal nature, airport or port taxes, government taxes or duties, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights, room upgrades or other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize other than those specified.
4. All prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (other than the design fee).
5. It is the responsibility of entrants to cover any costs associated in travel or other costs in attending the awards event and promotional activities surrounding the award.
6. Designer Rugs is not responsible for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
7. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Designer Rugs (including its employees, officers and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising in any way from the promotion.